Saturday, February 28, 2015

Choose Your Own Adventure

The two most read blog posts I've ever written were about the death of my close friend in high school and the day I found out I couldn't go back to Honduras because I had to have surgery. Both of those events were sad ones, so it's interesting that they are the most popular. I am not sure what makes people so interested in sad subjects, but they sure seem to be the cool kids of this blog.
Right now I'm pretty happy with the majority of my life. There is no major drama happening, which makes me very happy. However, when nothing dramatic is happening for me to blog about, I tend to get very little feedback. This can get frustrating to me at times, and that frustration is something I want to work on getting rid of now that I have entered year two of this blogging experience.
     I hope that people are reading this for the right reason; because they enjoy my writing and gain something positive from it, but I have to realize that's not something I can control. I don't know what will happen this year, but my goal for the second of this blog is to stay true to myself, and if that means losing readers and getting no feedback, that's something I'll have to learn to deal with. What's really important to me is improving my writing while giving my honest perspective on whatever is happening in my life, good or bad.
That concludes the serious declaration of intentions portion of this post, now here comes the interactive part! Take a look at these headers and tell me which one you like the most. I know they're not great quality because I took pictures of my computer screen, but I promise the real things look much more clear. I hope to use one of them to improve the aesthetic of the blog, because things are going to get fancy in year two!

3 comments:

  1. I like the bottom left. Although decisions like this are difficult for me because I like them all.

    ReplyDelete