Thursday, March 6, 2014

Well Let's Try Plan B. (A list)

So I just spent an hour making a new post, clicked on spell check and it disappeared. Guess that wasn't the story I was meant to share today. Anyway, until I figure out what happened, here's the part I can remember, a list of 10 things I learned from my mission trip.

10. Neck wallets are not stylish, but they are practical

9. When travelling with teachers, expect "potty breaks" and head counts

8. Teachers, especially elementary school teachers, really do care about their students. A lot.

7. Melatonin is a sleep aid and should only be taken at night. (I'm in trouble for that one)

6. Mission trip roommates can become great friends (Does that make up for #7?)

5. Bring extra toothbrushes and an assortment of medications

4. The rule for travelling in Honduras is "There's always room for one more."

3. Children listen better when they know you have candy

2. If you think your not the kind of person who should go on a mission trip, you're probably wrong

1. No matter how much you try to be a witness to those children, they will be the ones who end up teaching you something.


No comments:

Post a Comment