Sunday, March 30, 2014

10 things I Like About Myself.

In trying to think of things to blog about on a regular basis, I've done a lot of research about blog topic ideas. There is one topic in particular that keeps catching my eye, but I keep ignoring it because it seems silly and not related to what I usually blog about. But today I don't have anything particularly insightful to talk about, so I think I will be brave and just go for it. So here it is: 10 things I like about myself.  I hesitated to do this topic because it could make me sound arrogant, but I think people that really know me will know that that is not my intention. Thinking of 10 things I like about myself is a challenge for me, and it forces me to think about myself in a positive way. Since I spent a lot of time thinking negatively about myself in the past, I wanted to try this, so here we go.

1. I have wisdom
People have always told me that I'm wise, and I never really started to see the benefits of that until recently. I am able to have meaningful conversations with people older than me, and I can usually understand how people are feeling without them having to tell me.

2. I am a good writer
I like having something that I know I'm good at, and that I enjoy doing.

3. I don't need constant attention
I am okay with spending time by myself occasionally . I don't need other people to entertain me constantly, and that makes my life a lot easier.

4. I can be creative
I'm not artistic (I got a C in art in high school), but I am creative. Things like writing and photography are fun too me, and I like finding creative new perspectives within those things.

5. I'm a good role model
Ok that sounds like I'm bragging, but I promise I'm not. Before I came to college, I was the oldest member of my youth group, and I took that role seriously. I realize that there are younger people looking up to me, and I keep that in mind when I'm tempted to make dumb decisions just for the sake of being a college student. When I come home to visit, I am proud to be able to look them in the eye and know that I am not doing things I wouldn't want them to do when they get older.

6. My eyes
It's hard for me to find physical attributes I like about myself, and I don't think I should concentrate on physical things too much, but my eyes have always been something I could look in the mirror and be happy with. They look like my dad's eyes (at least to me) and I think they're pretty.

7. I like to learn
I'm not saying that I am excited to go to class every day, or that learning every subject is easy for me. But outside of school. I like to learn new things about things I find interesting. I've learned that enjoying learning is nothing to be ashamed of, and that it will benefit me in the long run.

8. I am respectful
I can only remember a teacher calling me disrespectful one time in high school, and it wasn't a teacher whose opinion I particularly valued. I developed a reputation for being respectful, and I try to maintain it.

9. I'm a trustworthy friend
I value my friends, and it's important to me to be someone they can trust

10. I am strong in my faith
My faith has continued to become more important in my life, and I am proud that it is becoming stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment