Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What's Your Name?

     I don't have a very long, complicated name, but somehow I often find myself having to clarify what it really is. I have had to explain to many teachers that no, it's not short for Jennifer and correct many people when they pronounce it as "Jeannie". It can be an annoyance when people don't get my name right, and I often find myself inwardly frustrated every time I have to correct someone.
     Names are a really fascinating thing to me, and I have always liked to think about what I might name my children one day.
In the Bible, it seems like lots of people were given names based on what God's purpose for them was, and I think that's really cool. In a way, it makes me imagine what it would be like if we were all identified that way. Imagine if every time we introduced ourselves, we identified ourselves by who God intends us to be. I don't know exactly what that would be like, but I imagine that it would really throw some people off, but also remind us who we really are.
   I am Jennie, but that's not all. I believe certain things, and I know that I need to act in a way that reflects those beliefs. I know people that seem to just naturally act in a Godly way and it shines through their personality. I strive to be that kind of person, and am trying to learn to be that way despite my personality flaws. I want the way I live my life to be a reflection of who and what I believe in. I'm not there yet, but I am determined to keep trying

No comments:

Post a Comment