Thursday, June 26, 2014

Where's the Worry?

     Today, our mission team met to begin packing the supplies we need to take with us to Honduras, and I was once again surprised at something that has been missing the entire time I have been preparing for this trip. You see, last year I had never been out of the country, or even on a plane and I had read somewhere that the place we were going was the most dangerous city in the world, which caused me to have worry along with my excitement. This time around, I'm just worried at my lack of worry! I know what to expect, and I know that I won't be doing anything that I can't handle. and I'm just ready to go.
    In my opinion, getting ready for the trip is more stressful than the actual trip because there is so much to get done and it can be overwhelming to figure out how everything will work out. But every so often in the stress of preparing, something will happen to remind me what we are preparing to do, and it's suddenly all worth it again. I am so proud to be part of a team, it really is one of the best feelings ever. I'm happy to be doing something that I know is right for me and I know that no matter what worries come along, this is what I'm supposed to be doing, and I will be provided with everything I need to do it.
A few of the items we have collected to take with us. The children in Honduras love to do so many of the same things all children love to do, and it's so inspiring to watch how thankful they are for the smallest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment