Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hope in All Seasons

 When I started this blog, I was in a very happy season of life. I was still feeling the positive changes in my perception of myself that happened in Honduras, and I was busy with college life. It's not that I've gone all the way back to the unhappiness I felt most of the time before Honduras, but these past few weeks have not been the happiest of my life. I am trying to remain happy and optimistic despite my unsuccessful job search (9 attempts and zero successes so far), the lack of constant solid friendships in my life right now, and my very limited social life. Now I will admit that I am showing hints of just being a melodramatic teenager, but in all honesty these things are weighing me down. In seasons of life that feel like this, it is hard to constantly think of things to talk about that are happy and uplifting. So today, I just decided to be honest. Right now I feel worn out from always trying to "look on the bright side", and so I'm not going to try to come up with some positive spin on all of these feelings.
What I will do is try to remind myself that this is not a permanent season of my life, and that there are plenty of good things happening in my life that I need to focus on. This morning I went to the beach service that our church has on occasion, and it was a very refreshing experience. The message, although bittersweet, was very comforting and something about being out on the beach that early in the morning was very peaceful.
The beach is actually a very nice place to be at 8 AM. Who knew?
Although going to that service didn't take away any of the things I am dealing with, and they are still on my mind, I was able to find a little bit of peace. I was reminded that through all seasons of life there is hope, and hope is a powerful thing. I may not be thrilled about how my life is going right now, but because of hope, I can believe that they can change for the better at any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment