Monday, May 19, 2014

Lessons From Folding Laundry

     Sometimes there are lots of exciting things going on in my life that I can't wait to blog about, and sometimes I can hardly think of anything at all. Today was one of those days. Today my day consisted mostly of helping with the laundry and running a few errands, and although it feels good to be helpful, it was not a particularly exciting day.
    Lately it seems like my life is suffering from a lack of excitement. I have had to realize that I'm not always going to have friends to do fun things with 24/7, because that's just part of life. I guess part of growing up is accepting that you can't have fun all the time. But right now I just feel discouraged. I don't have a job, and it's not for lack of trying to get one. I'm glad to be helping at home, but household chores just feel so repetitive sometimes. I admire my mother for running a household for all of these years, because I am already having restless moments and I've only been helping with a small part of everything for about a week.
     So since I am too stubborn to break my schedule and just not blog on boring days, I had to come up with something to say. It's not the most exciting thing you'll ever read, but maybe that's okay for right now. I guess the conclusion I came to is that I have to realize that even though chores aren't new and exciting, they are a necessary part of life. In order for a household to run smoothly, there are things that need to get done on a daily basis. I was intrigued by the verse below, because it mentions that women should attend to the ways of the household. That's definitely not something that our culture stresses to women, and probably seems old fashioned. But the Bible is not stamped with an expiration date, and it's not something we can change over time to fit our culture. So the next time I am bored with the work of helping out around the house, I will try to remind myself that although it's not exciting or glamorous, it's all part of what Godly women do. It might take me a while to be excited about that, but I still have some growing up left to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment